Day 4: Regroup

It is now 5:30am the sun has not yet risen and it is 26C.

In this heat I do not think I am capable of carrying enough food and water to take a slow enough pace to continue. Botht weight and the bulk of the additional supplies to support a slower pace to accommodate the heat simply won't fit in my bag and be far to heavy if it did.
I had hoped that starting the hike in September would have helped me avoid the summer heat, but it seems I was overly optimistic.

I am going to return to Osaka now and regroup. Work out a different plan and then return to the trail once the weather is more favourable.
I feel it is too risky to move forward knowing the conditions, possibly stranding myself between Osaka and Kyoto.

Not a great start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning my Goshuin collection; Sumiyoshi Taisha shrine

Day 76: The finish line