Day 4: positive note

As the sun was rising this morning, and I was breaking camp, the sound of monks chanting morning prayer slowly drifted through the trees from a temple on the next mountain.

This sound, slow, calm and steady broke me out of a funk. I feel pretty shit about having to turn back, and I am generally questioning if I am really able to manage the tokai even when the weather cools.

But that chanting reminded me of where I was, and the shape of my problem; I am in Japan, and frankly it's amazing to be here.

Even if all my planning and good intentions get tossed out the window, I have an incredible opportunity to explore a country I have found fascinating for my entire life.

When I get back to Osaka I will keep this in mind.  Whatever plan i land on next, it will be grounded in the fact I have so much in front of me to choose from.

After all, how often have I repeated the mantra "fail fast" in my professional life.  I have failed fast, and that's not a bad thing.  Now I can iterate and change to find what works.

...

P.S. - Thank you to everyone who has messaged me with kind words and support.  It had been very well received over here. ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning my Goshuin collection; Sumiyoshi Taisha shrine

Day 76: The finish line