My Route through the Tokai

So this is the inaugural post for this blog, so what better place than to post my intended route through the Tokai Shizen Hodo (TSH) for future reference:

Click the top left icon to access the legend and change what markers are displayed. Click the top right icon to view in a new tab,

This route plan would not exist without the efforts of previous hikers who documented their hikes.  I have to thank Nomadic Tom for blogging his experience hiking the Tokai, and Amy and James over at DoingMiles.com for their excellent documentation of the trail.

There are very few english resources for the Tokai, so these sources were invaluable to me, both in terms of planning and preparation as they provided both hard GPS information, as well as personal insight into what to expect on the trail.

From this point forward I will try to update you on my travels on the TSH often.  I am far from an experienced hiker, and I won't be moving fast.  My intention it to take my time and enjoy hiking through Japan in the autumn.

I arrive in Osaka at the beginning of September, and depart Tokyo at the end of November.  My hike begins on the 3rd of September (after a few days to get acclimatized and ward off a bit of jetlag), headed from Osaka eastward to Tokyo, with detours and breaks all along the way.

I hope my accounts will add to the growing information of the TSH, as well as keep my family back home sane that I am still alive and hiking!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning my Goshuin collection; Sumiyoshi Taisha shrine

Day 76: The finish line